Follow Us

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Wedding Dress-Up

Three years ago, almost all my dreams came true, when I married my amazing man. 9.5 months later, they were completely filled, as we welcomed our beautiful daughter into the world.



To celebrate remembering that fantastically fun day, and the fact that my two year old is already more than half my height, I gave her my wedding dress to try on. Any excuse to play with it! 
Handmade by my talented dressmaker Mother in Law, it is so beautiful, and was incredibly comfortable. She even put a pocket into it. 



Penn's ever present companion, RaaRaa, was delighted to find he could join in. Squeezing his big booty into the replica dress. 




My bouquet was made by my mum and I. Felt and crocheted flowers, together with broaches and jewelry gifted to me by friends and family. Penny particularly loved the little handmade spider, one of my bridesmaids gave me at my bridal shower, for luck. (So far, that spider has been doing it's job!) 




My shoes were chosen long before I was engaged, and the lace colour for my dress chosen to compliment the shoes. At the time, I thought they were incredibly practical, I would wear them all the time. Summer dresses, leather leggings and jeans would ALL go. I was used to dancing in 4 inch heels, so walking in nearly 6 inches would be easy peasy. Little did I know, I would be pregnant a month later (thank you lucky spider). Converse and Ugg boots became part of my pregnancy uniform. 

(I'd like to take this opportunity to formally apologise to my husband, who married a burlesque dancer. He's been living in an eternal pajama party ever since.... Oh so cosy, but cath kidsen brushed cotton isn't exactly a diamote nipple tassel! )

So, although these shoes haven't had much wear, I think I've found someone who will be happy to inherit them one day 




The last three years have been perfect. Our plans for all aspects of our relationship, parenting, home, careers and finally fun are very exciting. We enjoy every day together and feel so blessed. Especially as we have this crazy stylish little lady focusing us on what matters every single day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment