Follow Us

Sunday 27 July 2014

It's easy being green




Green is a soothing calming colour? Well Mr Colour-Pyschology-Guy, my toddler found green to be for bouncing. Which she did. In her cot, on my lap, and finally in my bed (on my head).... Until midnight last night.


Green was a LOT easier than grey. It's everywhere! Penn had the word down (well, 'Geen') two hours into day 1. Green grass under her toes, green trees above her head.
Her dad is off work, and the sun has been shining. Mainly we've been eating yummy food, and dressing like this!


Softbums nappy



Inspired by Throwback-Thursday on Instagram, we looked at photos of my childhood. When I was 7 or 8, there was a dress my best friend owned. Being a good 4-5 inches shorter than her, I waited (im)patiently to be given it as a hand me down. If I recall correctly her mum had to smuggle it out of the house, without my friend knowing. I was so delighted to finally own it. Now that I look back, I have no idea why the two of us were so attached!

Green featured in a dance show where we did a routine to Kylie's locomotion, and at my aunt and uncles wedding. I hated the skirt, I loved the floral dress. I think mum still has the dress in her wardrobe. I'm pretty sure, even if I stop eating biscuits at blog o clock, I'm never going to slim down to fit in it again.

Clockwise from top, dancing to the locomotion, two photos of that long-coveted green dress, and the floral flouncy number, worn to my aunt and uncle's wedding



My Mother is incredibly sentimental. I also found this relavent green box. Which is empty. It is the box belonging to my first shoes. Kept safe. Beside her will, passport etc. In case of a teeny tiny shoe box emergency.



I may be just as bad though. About 7 years ago, before I even met Penn's dad... I bought a 1979 Fisherprice Freddy Teddy to give to my first born on their first Christmas. I had been given one for Christmas 1982, and it was by my side for my entire childhood. I knit the little green jumper when I was about 9. He's worn it ever since. As you can see from the picture below, he has been well loved. So much so he has shrunk and lost his fur, and most of his bib. He still squeaks though! Penny hasn't become attached to hers at all yet...

My well-loved Fisher price teddy, bought in 1982 versus Penn's liked-but-not-adored fisher price teddy, bought in the early 2000s

To prove my guy, was once as fluffy as Penn's is now!



In keeping with the soppy theme, we met with some great friends for a play date in the Irish Museum of Modern Art. I couldn't believe to see they had all dressed their gorgeous kids in green for our meet up. It was so lovely. They all have fab taste too. Out of ten kids in green, there wasn't an Irish soccer jersey to be seen!

The girls chilling in the grounds of IMMA

Penn's friend's in green

Fiadh found me funny anyway

Sandpit time


I'm finding it great fun to be part of the challenge. We are totally embracing green, with date night outfits being colour coded (subtly I swear, we are no David and Victoria Beckham) and food been chosen to fit in too.



My Man

Spinach and artichoke cheese-less pizza

I'm squeezing myself into age ten Rock Your Baby 


Jewellery, art in our home, and even Penn's playroom, are all green

My 2012 Penny and my tiny jar of saffron, for Penny Saffron, born in 2012

Frod and Dind tins from Mira Mira


                       

Art by Irish Artist Barbara O'Meara 



Taking it that little bit further, we played with her amazing pintoy Eco lodge, encouraging green behaviour. It even has a solar panel and wind turbine! We got ours at Baba Me.


Pintoy Eco Lodge


Arts and crafts were by me this time, a feather crown that Penn wore on day 11 of the challenge






Little Bird Tshirt and sneakers, Rock Your Baby shorts


Tutu by Rock Your Baby


Top and Leggings are H&M, shoes are Livie and Luca



Our wishlist

Moobles and Toobles star cushion 

Whistle and Flute Kawaii Ice Cream tank

Marks and Spencer  Lace Up Retro Trainer

Little Bird green cord dress


So rather than sitting there green with envy, head over to the linked stores and pick yourself up some green stuff!







No comments:

Post a Comment